Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Results 51 to 59 of 59

Thread: let's warm things up

  1. #51
    d2england
    Guest d2england's Avatar
    Lucas is a true traitor to the word "film maker". He's off half way around the world with a unlimited budget (and a incredible exchange rate ratio) preaching to anyone who will listen about the new hd 24p technology.

    Now mind you there is no doubt that one day the time shall be upon us that the celuloid will be a thing of the past and only seen behind the glass at the museum, BUT give me a friggen break. If every director had a unlimited budget and every camera manufacturer in the world begging to give you all the camera's and lenses you want, we could ALL be putting something in Sundance this year. Plus, you know next year when that $250,000 camera needs a software update, you think Lucas is going to stroke the check out of his ILM account for that? Doubtful.
    George Lucas is a technology maker NOT a film maker.

    ------------------

  2. #52
    Senior Hostboard Member deanl's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 29th, 2000
    Posts
    1,082
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hey there.

    What was that. I didnt catch it the third fuckin time.

    "Lucas is a true traitor to the word "film maker"."

    Give me a fuckin break.

    Keep on sending your movies to fuckin Youve Been Framed. One day you will be a star.

    Despin out.

    ------------------
    "Ive got bad feeling about this."

  3. #53
    Inactive Member hairbrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 10th, 2001
    Posts
    136
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Lucas... Poo. Poo... Lucas

    Lucas: Hello Poo
    Poo: Splatter Splut
    Lucas: Which camera angle do you think I should shoot this scene from then Poo?
    Poo: Belch flap Oooze
    Lucas: You know what I can't make my mind up either. How about we get 50 cameras down here and film it from all sides. Then I can get some talented young editor to choose for me instead.
    Poo: Dribble Splat
    Lucas: Hey that's a good idea Poo! If I find someone talented and yet unheard of I can let him do all the work and then claim it as my own... and he won't even cost a thing coz he'll think I'm giving him a career break!
    Poo: Blurggghh sploosh
    Lucas: You know your a remarkably perceptive Poo... I'd like to shake your hand (grabs poo)
    Poo: SQUELCH!!!!
    Lucas: Urgghhh your just a smelly poo. Never mind I'll still nick your idea anyway.

    ------------------

  4. #54
    Inactive Member hairbrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 10th, 2001
    Posts
    136
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Lucas... Poo. Poo... Lucas

    Lucas: Hello Poo
    Poo: Splatter Splut
    Lucas: Which camera angle do you think I should shoot this scene from then Poo?
    Poo: Belch flap Oooze
    Lucas: You know what I can't make my mind up either. How about we get 50 cameras down here and film it from all sides. Then I can get some talented young editor to choose for me instead.
    Poo: Dribble Splat
    Lucas: Hey that's a good idea Poo! If I find someone talented and yet unheard of I can let him do all the work and then claim it as my own... and he won't even cost a thing coz he'll think I'm giving him a career break!
    Poo: Blurggghh sploosh
    Lucas: You know your a remarkably perceptive Poo... I'd like to shake your hand (grabs poo)
    Poo: SQUELCH!!!!
    Lucas: Urgghhh your just a smelly poo. Never mind I'll still nick your idea anyway.

    ------------------

  5. #55
    Inactive Member hairbrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 10th, 2001
    Posts
    136
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Lucas... Poo. Poo... Lucas

    Lucas: Hello Poo
    Poo: Splatter Splut
    Lucas: Which camera angle do you think I should shoot this scene from then Poo?
    Poo: Belch flap Oooze
    Lucas: You know what I can't make my mind up either. How about we get 50 cameras down here and film it from all sides. Then I can get some talented young editor to choose for me instead.
    Poo: Dribble Splat
    Lucas: Hey that's a good idea Poo! If I find someone talented and yet unheard of I can let him do all the work and then claim it as my own... and he won't even cost a thing coz he'll think I'm giving him a career break!
    Poo: Blurggghh sploosh
    Lucas: You know your a remarkably perceptive Poo... I'd like to shake your hand (grabs poo)
    Poo: SQUELCH!!!!
    Lucas: Urgghhh your just a smelly poo. Never mind I'll still nick your idea anyway.

    ------------------

  6. #56
    Inactive Member ac_01's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 18th, 2001
    Posts
    226
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    wow this topic is still going...

    As this is the most interesting thing on the board I thought i might as well rejoin the debate...

    hairbrain... you're excused for that last post because your obviously high on something.

    What Lucas did with Star wars will never be surpassed. The guy is unique not only as a filmaker but as a "pioneer" in technology...

    ------------------
    There can be only one.

  7. #57
    Inactive Member hairbrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 10th, 2001
    Posts
    136
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ac.... just having some fun in a tired thred. Plus... didn't you notice my natural abilities at dialog writing?! wink

    Weird, the machine crashed whilst I was posting and most've done the multiple thingy somehow.

    ------------------

  8. #58
    Inactive Member ac_01's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 18th, 2001
    Posts
    226
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    yeh this thread is going on a bit...

    ------------------
    There can be only one.

  9. #59
    Inactive Member Matt J Heaton's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 28th, 2000
    Posts
    430
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, helvetica, sans serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by miker:
    i think scorsese got the idea by reading someone's autobiography. but, yes, the narrative and style of goodfellas is superb.

    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Yes, there was a real Henry Hill and Goodfellas is based on his real life story.
    I saw the real Henry Hill on TV.



    ------------------

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •